“Intro to Rowing” Youth Camps
Canal Dock offers half-day rowing programs for 9th-12th graders. No experience necessary. Maximum six (6) kids per session; consider reserving a place soon! Register Below!
Six 1-week sessions available, Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Snack and hat or t-shirt included, morning sessions only, no overnight accommodations. Other activities may include: dry land rowing and workouts.
Once registered, please complete the following waiver forms:
Please submit forms electronically as PDFs or JPEGs to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Canal Dock, PO Box 8442, New Haven, CT 06530
Canal Dock Intro to Rowing programs are for 9th-12th graders. No prior sculling or rowing experience is necessary! Kids will learn to scull in single shells, learn plyometric & stretching exercises, row on Concept 2 ergometers, and have fun exploring the New Haven Harbor and Quinnipiac & Mill Rivers in New Haven. By the end of one week beginners will become “rowers” and will have learned the basics of sculling, including: how to carry a single shell, how to launch and land from a fixed dock, turning and maneuvering techniques, and how to clean and properly care for the shells and oars.
Canal Dock Boathouse: 475 Long Wharf Drive, New Haven, CT, 06511
- $350 per session, half-day programs, 7:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Limited scholarships are available to New Haven public school students; write to email@example.com to apply
- 2-3 rowing/fitness sessions per day
- Canal Dock hat or t-shirt
General Activity schedule (subject to change based on weather and safety considerations):
- 7:15 – 7:30 AM: Drop-off
- 7:30 – 7:45: Group Meeting
- 7:45 – 9:30: Rowing & fitness
- 9:30 – 10:00: Break/Water/Snack
- 10:00 – 11:45: Rowing & fitness
- 11:45 – 12:30: Warm down and wash and store equipment
- 12:30 PM: Pick-up